Pink spotted goby tips and tank mates

Danny_x1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a pink spotted goby for my 50 gallon cube. Really beautiful fish. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations like feeding and other tank mates I could add with him. I have almost 2 inches of sand for him. Also was wondering if I could get anymore sand sifting fish with him? Maybe a blenny? I also read that some attack shrimp? Thank you

FE99D619-0E4D-4F5F-A6BB-0D98511B9171.jpeg

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks like my Dino!! Mine sits on the rock work and stares at me... spooky. Anyway, I currently have two chromis in with him plus an urchin. They all seem to get along great. I would recommend non-aggressive fish, maybe some that spend lots of time in the mid to upper water column.... clowns; tangs; possibly even some triggers? I also think it would be fine to add a blenny as well, as long as there is plenty of food to share in your sand bed.

I always use the compatiability guides like the one found on liveaquaria. These are great starting points, but I have learned to always ask the shop AND try to see how they interact with other tankmates if possible... saying all fish are alike are like saying all humans are... not always the case.

OP
OP
Danny_x1

Danny_x1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks like my Dino!! Mine sits on the rock work and stares at me... spooky. Anyway, I currently have two chromis in with him plus an urchin. They all seem to get along great. I would recommend non-aggressive fish, maybe some that spend lots of time in the mid to upper water column.... clowns; tangs; possibly even some triggers? I also think it would be fine to add a blenny as well, as long as there is plenty of food to share in your sand bed.

I always use the compatiability guides like the one found on liveaquaria. These are great starting points, but I have learned to always ask the shop AND try to see how they interact with other tankmates if possible... saying all fish are alike are like saying all humans are... not always the case.
Thank you!!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back