Pink sun coral

These guys love mysis or raw shrimp...I feed them fauna Marine LPS pellets and they are ok with that too. I also do reefRoid, Coral Fenzy but I don't know if they eat much of that....:-)
 
Had some in my last tank and it was a very nice coral. I cut the top off of a 20oz bottle and drilled a hole in the cap just big enough for the syringe tip to feed it. I did it this way so that the fish wouldn't get to it first. It has to be manually feed and doesn't live off lights. Which you probably already know that but if not, it's useful information if you didn't.
Could you explain that feeding technique a little more please?
 
You can also remove the coral and put it into its own container with some of your tank water then flood that water with food. I have used that method as well. As of now I drop a small amount of PE Calanus into the tank to get the polyps extended and the I direct feed reef roids (which they gobble up). To do this, I use a syringe with a piece of plastic tubing at the end.this let's me ensure that each head is getting food.
 
I mix mysis shrimp and reef roids with tank water and spot feed with a turkey baster.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new