Pipe Organ ... finally at weed status.

  • Thread starter Thread starter HuduVudu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
3,241
Reaction score
3,452
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally figured out what the Pipe Organ needs to see real growth ... Magnesium and magnesium and more magnesium.

I tried ReefMag in my reactor. Yikes that didn't work, because it won't melt even at saturation. So I have been using Magnesium Carbonate in my top off. That seems to do the trick, but OMG I still can't get my free Mag up. I am also going to switch over my trace that I am currently using, Calcium Nitrate, to Magnesium Nitrate when I get my Calcium where I want it. We'll see if I can actually move up the Magnesium with that.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

To all of the grammar police, yes I know that Pipe Organ are not really SPS.
 
Magnesium. Got it.
black ish appearance GIF
 
Pictures needed to make this post simi hot
You are are reading my mind... then once everyone has had a chance to cool down... then we talk numbers.
 
@Sean Clark @TnFishwater98 @CoralNerd

This is the original colony, to it's left is a small frag that fell off and my wife just stuck it in a crevice in the rock.

JPEG image.jpeg


This is a small frag that I made because I wanted to get it going elsewhere. I am definitely reconsidering that decision.

JPEG image 2.jpeg


All of these started as a few polyps except the main colony. You can also see the single poly on the first pic. I am sure soon enough this will multiple, just like the others.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new