Pipe organ growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter workhz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2021
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
1,317
Location
nova
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first coral I bought for my new tank (now 20 months old) is a pipe organ. It was a decent size to begin with but has gotten huge. Didn’t even really realize till I looked at some old pictures.

How do you go about pruning these things? It’s about to grow out of the water. Excuse the blue lights and dirty glass.

736CA099-12D5-4056-890F-38D57A50C9E5.jpeg
70080F3E-A236-44A8-A043-1A0F5E5C8679.jpeg
 
I may need a lopper. It’s about tripled or quadrupled in size. Do you split it like a head of cauliflower or do you just cut the base. It’s an odd coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new