Pipe Organ Hitchhiker?

PhilTheFish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2024
Messages
50
Reaction score
15
Location
SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased this pipe organ last week. Seems to be doing great in my tank so far but I noticed a little hitchhiker the day after I got it when I was feeding my tank. It looks like a worm with alternating bands of color (white and purple possibly). I dipped the coral for 10 mins prior to putting it in my tank so whatever it is survived that process. I know not all hitchhikers are bad so hoping someone can help identify this so I know if I need to dip again or not.

PXL_20240805_122456405.jpg PXL_20240805_122459477.jpg
 
Thanks! I also just noticed that clear tube like thing above where I circled is alive. I thought it was some debris lodged in there but it's moving around and opening and closing. Is that a part of the coral or another hitchhiker?
 
Thanks! I also just noticed that clear tube like thing above where I circled is alive. I thought it was some debris lodged in there but it's moving around and opening and closing. Is that a part of the coral or another hitchhiker?
Can't tell for sure what that is. Sorry.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new