Pipefish caught accidentally

  • Thread starter Thread starter betareef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

betareef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2024
Messages
543
Reaction score
540
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have discovered a small pipefish swimming in my new tank. (build thread https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/rebuild-aqua-one-50-litre-10-gal-after-power-outage.1130890/) I assume he was caught accidentally when I was trying to net some starter fish near some seagrass at the local shore. Of course, he would have looked like a piece of seaweed in the net and bucket- but luckily he made it into the tank

1759267700196.png
 
They do have specific flow and feeding requirements if you plan on keeping that amazing, little fish! Nice find by the way!
 
They do have specific flow and feeding requirements if you plan on keeping that amazing, little fish! Nice find by the way!

Amazingly, he responded to my feeding some ground up flake. He chased the particles in the water movement and feed well. Not sure how he will compete when I add fish later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new