Pipefish quarantine??

  • Thread starter Thread starter bct15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
2,847
Reaction score
169
Location
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few question about adding pipefish to a reef:

Do pipefish need to be quarantined like other fish? Do they carry diseases that effect typical reef fish? If quarantined can they be treated with furan or copper?
 
I would say yes, but I wouldn't personally. I am thinking of adding some in the future.
 
I would QT just for observation and to make sure they are eating. Give them a little time to fatten up after their journey. I would stay clear of meds, but I dont think you'll need them anyways. Remember though, anything wet can potentially carry parasites.
 
its good habit to quarantine everything, but IMO and IME usually the creatures that spend most of their time near the sea floor are less likely to get diseases like ICH and such do to the fact they are around it so much they build up a strength against that stuff.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new