Pirates of the Caribbean for AI 16 HD

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a link or the file to the Pirates of the Caribbean setting for the AI Prime 16 HD? I’ve only been able to find the original Prime version. Also, how are you liking this setting? Anyone running it in a mixed reef or heavy SPS reef? Thank you!

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of any light setting have a name before. Is this going to be the next big thing like fancy coral names that sellers charge arm and a leg for?

Imagine this if you will. You buy a fancy glow in the dark coral, pay a lot of money for it, and then it gets to you. When you put it in your tank, it looks drab and nothing like what you thought you were getting. You contact seller and he says, ahhh the reason why it doesnt look that way in your tank is because your lights arent set to "Pirates of Caribbean" For only $29.99 I will send you settings so that your corals can look the best they can. ;Greedy

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are multiple named settings (A+B, Saxby, etc.) with AI lights, it’s not all that uncommon. These lights have lots of variability in controls compared to other lights IME.

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of any light setting have a name before. Is this going to be the next big thing like fancy coral names that sellers charge arm and a leg for?

Imagine this if you will. You buy a fancy glow in the dark coral, pay a lot of money for it, and then it gets to you. When you put it in your tank, it looks drab and nothing like what you thought you were getting. You contact seller and he says, ahhh the reason why it doesnt look that way in your tank is because your lights arent set to "Pirates of Caribbean" For only $29.99 I will send you settings so that your corals can look the best they can. ;Greedy
Just look at Ecotech, they have direct light setting names for their templates. AB+, PHX14 and so on.

with AI lights since you have the ability to export and share your settings people do, however to easily differentiate from one custom setting to another the users named them.

some are named after the AI sponsored individuals like Saxby, Vazquez, Nano Karen and others are just named made up by the individuals that made them e.g. pirates of the Caribbean

39894F15-B0A2-4486-81E6-9566EC175856.png

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just look at Ecotech, they have direct light setting names for their templates. AB+, PHX14 and so on.

with AI lights since you have the ability to export and share your settings people do, however to easily differentiate from one custom setting to another the users named them.

some are named after the AI sponsored individuals like Saxby, Vazquez, Nano Karen and others are just named made up by the individuals that made them e.g. pirates of the Caribbean

39894F15-B0A2-4486-81E6-9566EC175856.png

Thats fair and makes sense. I know about AB+, but never heard anyone asking about "pirates of caribbean" setting before, and had no idea something like that even existed. Now I am curious to see what this POTC setting looks like and why is it named as such.

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats fair and makes sense. I know about AB+, but never heard anyone asking about "pirates of caribbean" setting before, and had no idea something like that even existed. Now I am curious to see what this POTC setting looks like and why is it named as such.

Me too but someone hijacking my thread

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a link or the file to the Pirates of the Caribbean setting for the AI Prime 16 HD? I’ve only been able to find the original Prime version. Also, how are you liking this setting? Anyone running it in a mixed reef or heavy SPS reef? Thank you!
I am using AI Prime HD. Would you mind to share the Pirates of The Caribbean settings plz. I lost the settings and can't find it again. TY

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You contact seller and he says, ahhh the reason why it doesnt look that way in your tank is because your lights arent set to "Pirates of Caribbean" For only $29.99 I will send you settings so that your corals can look the best they can. ;Greedy

Now you see why my sarcastic comments about American DJ lighting needing to get involved in reef lighting aren't so, well, sarcastic - lol.

When I go to frag swaps nothing drives me crazier that dealers who run their lights in this mode.

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you see why my sarcastic comments about American DJ lighting needing to get involved in reef lighting aren't so, well, sarcastic - lol.

When I go to frag swaps nothing drives me crazier that dealers who run their lights in this mode.

Why do you say that?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back