Pistol Shrimp hates vermetid snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ebone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ebone

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2014
Messages
648
Reaction score
296
Location
Wilmington NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pistol shrimp spent almost 2 hours today roaming my tank destroying vermetid snails... I tried so hard to get a picture or video but his watchman sent him fleeing everytime I tried.... Anyone ever seen similar behavior... I'm a fan those things but my zoas.... but it was fun to watch him go around blasting them
 
My pistol used to do the same thing, he never crawled up on the rocks, but the ones he could reach, he snapped off. Not sure if he ate them, but definitely kept them controlled around the base of the rocks.
 
Mine was outside his "comfort" zone... not sure if he was eating... he has attacked algae too... I think he is just a hater
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new