Pistol shrimp= heart attack lol

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. For the love and the laughs. I will say if anyone is looking for a Bullseye/Purple Claw pistol shrimp, they DO NOT pair with gobies. They will run them out of their burrows or even possibly kill smaller goby species. But they are gorgeous shrimp to have
Thank you for pointing this out. My pistol came paired with his goby buddy so I was fine. I'm new to the hobby and had they not been paired I would've assumed all pistols pair with shrimp gobies which could've been a disaster. It was only after I got my pair that I read on this forum how only a few pistol types pair with gobies. I also read some sad stories.

OP
OP
Wick3d_1

Wick3d_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for pointing this out. My pistol came paired with his goby buddy so I was fine. I'm new to the hobby and had they not been paired I would've assumed all pistols pair with shrimp gobies which could've been a disaster. It was only after I got my pair that I read on this forum how only a few pistol types pair with gobies. I also read some sad stories.
Yes. Mine is similar to a mantis. It does not pair and he is big enough to kill outright or mortally wound a smaller shrimp goby species. But he's awesome and I'm cool with the fact he doesn't pair. Though I will admit, he was an impulse buy from the husband. My husband seen him at the LFS and couldn't leave without him.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Mine is similar to a mantis. It does not pair and he is big enough to kill outright or mortally wound a smaller shrimp goby species. But he's awesome and I'm cool with the fact he doesn't pair. Though I will admit, he was an impulse buy from the husband. My husband seen him at the LFS and couldn't leave without him.
Aaah yes, the notorious impulse buy. We're all guilty of it. I have a few "oh geez I can't believe I just bought that" stories. Haha!

OP
OP
Wick3d_1

Wick3d_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY GOT A PIC OF HIM! Lol

Attachments

• 20211007_164500.jpg
    20211007_164500.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 27

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen my pistol in months, and his goby buddie hasn't been out in just as long. I do hear the pistol every night, so I know he's alive, but I assuming the goby died at some point, and the shrimp just won't come out without a goby watching.

Going to have to get another goby at some point.

OP
OP
Wick3d_1

Wick3d_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen my pistol in months, and his goby buddie hasn't been out in just as long. I do hear the pistol every night, so I know he's alive, but I assuming the goby died at some point, and the shrimp just won't come out without a goby watching.

Going to have to get another goby at some point.
Yeah most won't venture out if they are ones that pair

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back