Pithos Crab Ate Diamond Goby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tuscani
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tuscani

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2023
Messages
232
Reaction score
108
Location
MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I noticed tonight my pitho crab had my diamond goby in his claws going to town. Goby was upside down but still alive. Anyone ever heard of this before? Goby was healthy and no issues this morning. Was something wrong with the goby and the crab took advantage or can crab just grab a fish like this? Lol
 
Likely something was wrong with the fish. Fish can normally get away from a crab pretty easy, crabs can't swim after all, they can only walk.
 
No way pitho catches and kills a healthy goby.
 
Thx. That’s kind of what I figured. Odd the fish would just turn ill just like that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new