Placement of corals

cody2cannon

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2017
Messages
768
Reaction score
520
Location
Wheaton, Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was wondering what you guys think about where ill be placing my corals. In term of par this is what I have

Screenshot_2017-02-20-20-15-54.png


Yellow: aussie torch
Blue: Green toadstool mushroom
Green: hammer
Orange: neon green hammer

View attachment 482814
 
IMO they all want the same or similar light.
Look for the best flow.
 
My green toadstool has been in that spot for 4 weeks, the green hammer 3 weeks and the other two1.5 weeks. When can I place them on the rock? In the spots I picked? I don't want to kill them by moving them too high
 
I would move them up 2-3 inches and use a 5 day test time period to see how happy they are and go up another 2 inches and see how they like it.
With lps you'll easily see if they open up all the way if their happy or not.
 
I have Orbit Pro. My toadstool is 24" from top & happy as a clam. Run the lights 10 hrs a day. Also 4 HO bulbs (2 white, 2 blue) T5's 3 hrs at peak.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new