Placement of equipment

  • Thread starter Thread starter skylesj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skylesj

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started this tank recently, I have been playing with power head placement and was just wondering if you thought it would hurt the filtering capability with the power head being where it is?(Don’t mind the Kenya trees they are being dramatic from me moving the power head a minute ago) any other suggestions are welcome for anything that you see wrong.
IMG_3777.jpeg
 
I just started this tank recently, I have been playing with power head placement and was just wondering if you thought it would hurt the filtering capability with the power head being where it is?(Don’t mind the Kenya trees they are being dramatic from me moving the power head a minute ago) any other suggestions are welcome for anything that you see wrong.
IMG_3777.jpeg

IMG_3779.jpeg
 
Personally I would point either the wavemaker or the return upwards to get some surface agitation to help oxgenate the water. I would put the wavemaker on the side somewhat facing the return so the 2 flows meet and bounce creating random flow patterns. With both the return and the wavemaker pointed in the same direction it will create a one way linear flow IMO. How big is the tank, it might even benefit from another powerhead to help get even more randomized flow, those sicce voyagers are not too strong.
 
Personally I would point either the wavemaker or the return upwards to get some surface agitation to help oxgenate the water. I would put the wavemaker on the side somewhat facing the return so the 2 flows meet and bounce creating random flow patterns. With both the return and the wavemaker pointed in the same direction it will create a one way linear flow IMO. How big is the tank, it might even benefit from another powerhead to help get even more randomized flow, those sicce voyagers are not too strong.
Thanks for the reply!!
It is a 32 gallon bio cube

Also just got this condylactis Haitian anemone that was told by fish store🙄 that it would be fine with clowns and other fish, now I’m reading on other forums that it is aggressive and will eat clowns.

Hopefully this one will be an exception
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new