Placement of RBTA

Jonnyvasil34

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
40
Reaction score
25
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F0526993-12CF-4DD8-94A4-DA91B4484A64.jpeg
View attachment 676874 Hello again,

I was told by a fellow hobbiest, that placing my anemone too high can be a bad thing. So I was rearranging some rock to get it out of it’s hiding spot. Here is a picture of the landscape of the tank. You can kind of see the anemone by it’s color. Is this too high of a placement?
 
Hello again,

I was told by a fellow hobbiest, that placing my anemone too high can be a bad thing. So I was rearranging some rock to get it out of it’s hiding spot. Here is a picture of the landscape of the tank. You can kind of see the anemone by it’s color. Is this too high of a placement?
You can actually place the anemone wherever you want, because if he doesn't like the spot you choose he's going to move to a place he likes anyway :) And your picture didn't show up :)
 
F0526993-12CF-4DD8-94A4-DA91B4484A64.jpeg
View attachment 676874 Hello again,

I was told by a fellow hobbiest, that placing my anemone too high can be a bad thing. So I was rearranging some rock to get it out of it’s hiding spot. Here is a picture of the landscape of the tank. You can kind of see the anemone by it’s color. Is this too high of a placement?
You can actually place the anemone wherever you want, because if he doesn't like the spot you choose he's going to move to a place he likes anyway :) And your picture didn't show up :)
okay and yeah i tried posting the pic but it wouldn’t go though, bad service I guess. Sounds good though thanks!
 
okay and yeah i tried posting the pic but it wouldn’t go though, bad service I guess. Sounds good though thanks!
Something you can do to help is turn off your powerheads (or if you have adjustable power heads, turn them all the way down) and place him where you'd like him, and leave the power heads off for like an hour. You can still leave your return pump system on. Sometimes they can be guided on where to go. But if he's going to let go and float around you want your power heads turned down so he doesn't get sucked in and shredded.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new