Places in Washington DC for sps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Falc!
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Falc!

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2022
Messages
388
Reaction score
394
Location
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone knows a good place for sps around the capital. Going in for the weekend and want to see some stores or if there is anyone that has a good selection of acropora
 
Just wondering if anyone knows a good place for sps around the capital. Going in for the weekend and want to see some stores or if there is anyone that has a good selection of acropora
Capital Aquarium in Manassas or House of Tropicals in Glen Burnie are the only two worth going to IMO.

Edit:

This was a bit harsh. I'm still bitter about losing Aquarium One in Rockville like 10 -11 years ago.

There are many others in Virginia, most of which sponsor WAMAS, but I rarely ever cross the Potomac.

Blue Ribbon Koi, for example, is a phenomenal shop, actually.
 
Last edited:
Thank you
Alternatively, our WAMAS fall meeting is taking place today in Bethesda, and there will be a bunch of vendors. Usually a great selection at amazing prices. I will not be there today, but guests are always welcome.

Saturday October 5, 2024
Time: 1:30 PM - 4:45 PM (Speaker starts at 3:00 PM)
Where: North Bethesda Middle School, 8935 Bradmoor Drive, Bethesda, MD 20817
 
Just wondering if anyone knows a good place for sps around the capital. Going in for the weekend and want to see some stores or if there is anyone that has a good selection of acropora

This show is coming up in a few weeks, we usually bring about 100 sps frags, and some of the other vendors do too. I think Jason Fox usually goes to this show.


460285668_1040739438061932_4146253940129599848_n.jpg
 
This show is coming up in a few weeks, we usually bring about 100 sps frags, and some of the other vendors do too. I think Jason Fox usually goes to this show.


460285668_1040739438061932_4146253940129599848_n.jpg
Wish I could make it but I’m only in town for the weekend, flying in right now
 
This show is coming up in a few weeks, we usually bring about 100 sps frags, and some of the other vendors do too. I think Jason Fox usually goes to this show.

That's awesome you guys are going to be there, I'll definitely be stopping in then.
 
Reefing USA show is coming back to town this Sunday!

480965123_1185006696968538_3001219858101503159_n.jpg
Really sad that I'm going to miss this. Unfortunately I have family obligations that take priority.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new