Planarea or some bug on Elegance coral.

James w Lewis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2014
Messages
247
Reaction score
101
Location
Houston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 tiny elegance corals that have been with me for about 3 months. I noticed on 1 that it had small reddish brown spots on it that were at different locations as time passed. If I took my pinky nail and touched one of these spots I could scrape it off. Im assuming they are planarea or some other bug. I dipped the corals in Seachem reef dip but it doesn't seem to have done any good as they are still there and spreading to the other ones. What do I do to get these off?
 
A picture is worth a thousand words. Esp finding out what the bug is.
There are good bugs too.
I was recently turned on to hydrogen peroxide. 5(w) to 1 (per) 3 to 5 min dip. rinse well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new