Planet Aquariums 63 gallon build

Zoacoral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
3,283
Reaction score
211
Location
Everywhere
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I currently have a 48 x 24 x 17" tall aquarium, I am breaking down the tank and going with another custom tank, this is being made my Planet Aquariums. I like the shallow tanks, so I am going for another one. This tank will be a mixed reef with mainly zoas...

I have started making my stand now, It will be made up of 2 x 6's and 2 x 4's. SKinned in Oak plywood, and stained a Cherry color

Equipment list:

Lighting: 1 Ecotech radion gen 3 pro (already have it)
Skimmer: RLSS R6-I (Already own it)
Flow- I current have 2 tunze 6095's, and am deciding between them and 2 mp10W Es
return pump- Tunze silence 1073.040(Already own it)
sump- I am looking for a 20L right now

I ordered 50# of Marco rocks that are in a trashcan now cycling even though they say it isnt necessary.

This will all be controlled via my Neptune Apex


I will try to update this as I go along. I tend to forget though!
 
Here is the tank sitting on the stand.. Got a few things left to finish, and then it will be up and running, hopefully by end of next week!

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new