Planning New Build - Waterbox Peninsula 7226

Jason.Middleton

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to plan and purchase equipment for a new tank that I will start setting up after the new year. The goal is SPS dominate with some zoas, acans and Ricardian down low. I will be using some of the equipment I currently have on my 90 gallon.

Tank - Waterbox Peninsula 7226 (169 gallon display, 35-ish gallon sump)

Equipment
Vertex Omega 200i
Ecotech Vectra M1
2x Ecotech Radion XR30x Pro G3
1x Ecotech Radion XR30x Pro G4
May add retrofit T5 into floating hood - still undecided
2x Ecotech MP40
4x 4inch filter socks

Mr Aqua 25 gallon cube will be used as refugium
Kessil H380

Dosing - undecided

Optional equipment
Maxspec XF 250 Gyre

I have always struggled to keep phosphates in check and I was awesome at growing algae. Early on it was lack of knowledge and very bad advise. Some large things like tap water is okay and lights can stay on for 16 hours a day. I have learned a lot through the years and know enough to research everything.

With that said I travel frequently for work and at times my maintenance schedule is not always what it should be.

I never had a refugium setup and looking for information if a refugium in conjunction with the H380 will cut down on phosphates and nitrates to compensate for weeks where I travel across country.


Any other equipment I should consider ?
 
Hi Jason and welcome to R2R it’s great to have you with us!

If you struggle with phosphate try some GFO, I use rhowaphos but there are other options.

And we love pictures on here!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new