Planning on getting ghl

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so planning my controller and going to go with ghl profilux 4. Does anyone have experience with the leak detectors and are they worth it? I'm looking at one interface with 2 leak detectors one for cabinet and one for surround floor as a precaution and.

#ghlusers

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the leak detectors around my tank. They are a cautionary item to own. If you ever have a leak and they tell you you had a leak they are worth it. If I never have a leak I would still say they are worth it.

When I do maintenance on my tank and spill a little water I set one off....They work.. LOL

They will also go off even if there is a spot on the floor that dried but the salt film is still there. That salt film still conducts electricity.

Also, if you get them really wet you might need to disassemble it and clean it with RODI or tap water and a tooth brush. The excess salt residue in the detectors will set them off till removed. Just cleaning the teeth won’t get all the salt out so taking them apart gives you access to the inner areas. They are a very simple component and easy to clean. Just make sure it’s dry before putting it back together.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the leak detectors on my tank. They are a cautionary item to own. If you ever have a leak and they tell you you had a leak they are worth it. If I never have a leak I would still say they are worth it.

When I do maintenance on my tank and spill a little water I set one off....They work.. LOL

They will also go off even if there is a spot on the floor that dried but the salt film is still there. That salt film still conducts electricity.

Also, if you get them really wet you might need to disassemble it and clean it with RODI or tap water and a tooth brush. The excess salt residue in the detectors will set them off till removed. Just cleaning the teeth won’t get all the salt out so taking them apart gives you access to the inner areas. They are a very simple component and easy to clean. Just make sure it’s dry before putting it back together.

Hope this helps.

Thank you and I think it would be worth it to have that extra piece of mind

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend them......I have two leak detectors hooked into my P4 and they do provide that extra piece of mind.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 around one tank and 2 around the other tank and they are a safety feature if something goes wrong :) I hope to never have them go off, but if they do I will know something has happened.

It like a smoke detector, it peace of mind :)

Mine are setup to turn the return pump, skimmers and other outlets off.

ReefGoddesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is good to know! I’m also planning on getting a GHL controller too. I almost ordered one this week, but I was told they usually offer Black Friday deals...so I’m considering impatiently waiting to save additional $$$. Hoping the Black Friday savings will be somewhere between 10-15%.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use two leak detectors and they are 100% worth it. Mine are set to kill my return pump if water is leaking onto the ground at the back of the tank. This already payed off when that PITA super swirl diverter I bought sprang a leak by it's little motor. About a cup of water hit the ground before the detector got into the path and then bam the pump went off. Next my audible alarm went off and then my Tank LED's switched to flashing red.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 64 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back