Plate Coral swelling up

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryecoon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You´re very welcome. ryecoon. Also I would check for some serious stray voltage... above 50volts or so. Hope you have no further losses, keep us posted.

Do you suggest any voltage readers? thanks
 
Do you suggest any voltage readers? thanks
I use a cheap digital multimeter when I need but I am no expert nor electrician. Hope someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in.
Also there are some youtube videos about how to measure stray voltage in a tank.


A pic of my multimeter:
DSC_0137[1].JPG
 
Oh okay thanks man. I have a multimeter need the grounding probe.
 
Oh okay thanks man. I have a multimeter need the grounding probe.
I don´t use a grounding probe as it creates a current path and can make things worse. As I am no expert in this matter I would suggest doing some google search about the use of grounding probes with reef tanks. I am very sorry for my poor English and poor explanations, just trying to help as I have seen a sps tank crash due to some serious stray voltage.
 
Ah ok thanks man. Dont worry your actually explaining things very well. i appreciate the quick response. I will do some research. I would like to know what can cause the stray voltage. I have a ton of things in the sump that are plugged in. All the pumps, heaters, reactors, and probes with partial wires in the water might be a problem. How did you fix your problem?
 
Ah ok thanks man. Dont worry your actually explaining things very well. i appreciate the quick response. I will do some research. I would like to know what can cause the stray voltage. I have a ton of things in the sump that are plugged in. All the pumps, heaters, reactors, and probes with partial wires in the water might be a problem. How did you fix your problem?
If is there significant stray voltage, you can unplug all devices and then plug and take readings one by one until you find the culprit.
 
Last edited:
Is this the same thing you use right?
43e0af0eb552a21f9e9499758850fa13.jpg
 
Do I have it on the correct setting? I was watching the youtube videos but still want to be sure.
I am no expert and I always read the instructions every time I need to use mine. lol I think yours is set to read Amperage (200m). If I am not mistaken you have to rotate the dial anticlockwise to the 200v -600v range V~ and set it to 200v if you are in the US or 600v if you are in a country that uses 220v. See pic of mine below, and also confirm with an electrician... I don´t want to be blamed for giving you wrong instructions. lol

DSC_0140.JPG
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new