Platinum Blue DC Pump Review – A New Generation of Workhorse Water Return

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Platinum Blue DC Pump is one of the best new controllable centrifugal water movers to hit the aquarium hobby in a long time, and apparently many companies around the world think so too. We’ve been using this pump under a few different brands, in various sizes and even a needle wheel version, but no…
Source

Continue reading...

Kris4647

Rare Clownfish anemone aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Platinum Blue DC Pump is one of the best new controllable centrifugal water movers to hit the aquarium hobby in a long time, and apparently many companies around the world think so too. We’ve been using this pump under a few different brands, in various sizes and even a needle wheel version, but no…
Source

Continue reading...

I’m setting up a Waterbox 220.6 and I was looking for a return pump. Initially I went with the Sicce synchra 9 sdc. Really disappointed with the noise level on it. I decided to give these pumps a try based on your original article.
The 3200 was on sale so I went with it. Liked the build quality, the rubberized coating is a nice touch. Price tag at $225 is really great for the size (3k) and has a 5yr warranty much like Sicce.

Surprisingly at like flow rates the Platinum was much more quiet. Quite a bit more powerful too.

They read my mind and made the feet non removable as well, who hasn’t pulled rubber feet out of a pump’s suction before? I know I have.

Really happy with the purchase so far, the controller is a bit meh but other than that it’s a really strong product at a great price.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a Waterbox 220.6 and I was looking for a return pump. Initially I went with the Sicce synchra 9 sdc. Really disappointed with the noise level on it. I decided to give these pumps a try based on your original article.
The 3200 was on sale so I went with it. Liked the build quality, the rubberized coating is a nice touch. Price tag at $225 is really great for the size (3k) and has a 5yr warranty much like Sicce.

Surprisingly at like flow rates the Platinum was much more quiet. Quite a bit more powerful too.

They read my mind and made the feet non removable as well, who hasn’t pulled rubber feet out of a pump’s suction before? I know I have.

Really happy with the purchase so far, the controller is a bit meh but other than that it’s a really strong product at a great price.
Where did you purchase the pump from?

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love mine with all the settings makes it easy to dial in to make the whole tank quite. And for the pump you can't hear it at all. Absolutely love it.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be very cautious where you order the pump.

1210B743-9957-4148-A29F-AABD655C8A66.jpeg

Go to 6:00 on this video:

Geos reef seems to be willing to replace it, but sevenports.com gave me an odd response. Kinda like they have nothing to do with these pumps especially if you are using them on a calcium reactor. I thought for sure Geos reef would have got these pumps from seven ports since they are the main US distributor from what I can see, but maybe not.

F22C27D9-B3A8-4340-87FA-F969BC822C5D.jpeg

Here’s the response I got after reaching out to sevenports.com:

Hi Jared,

Thank you for contacting us.

This pump is sold to Geo’s Reef for OEM (original equipment manufacturing under their own brand)

They test and certify the pumps for their particular use that is not the use the pumps were intended for.

Because of that being out of our control all warranties are processed and guaranteed by Geo’s Reef.

We are not the manufacture of the pump only a distributor and can only warranty them when purchased directly from us.

We do this only with authorization from the manufacture, ZK pumps upon a warranty claim.

We have contacted the manufacturer on behalf of Geo’s Reef and will update Geo’s Reef as soon as we have the manufacturer’s response.

Best Regards,

Nancy M. Wey
National Sales Director
Aquarium Life Support Systems
1642549821440.png

1737 Louisville Dr
Knoxville, TN 37921
910-573-5282 cell
865-588-0108 office
865-588-1976 fax
[email protected]
www.Aqualifesupport.com
www.Sevenports.com
www.AqualifeRx.com

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How timely. My blue pump upgrade from Geo started making noises after about two months! Seems very low quality to me. Now I get to figure out what’s going on with this basically new pump.

good luck

Back