Platygyra sweepers

  • Thread starter Thread starter voelter76
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

voelter76

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2024
Messages
257
Reaction score
837
Location
Reno, Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering about other’s experiences with platygyra. This thing has incredibly long sweepers. Up to 6 inches sometimes. Explains why my Duncan’s is annoyed these days. Anyone else have similar experiences with them?

IMG_5289.jpeg IMG_5290.jpeg
 
Yea these guys are buggers.
Really want to keep them as far as possible from other corals.
 
Yeah…I love it and it has grown spectacularly but I’m gonna have to re-home it. It was the size of half a ping pong ball when I got it 5 months ago. Now it’s half a baseball in a 26g tank. Off to a bigger world it must go. Sigh…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new