PLEASE HELP BRISTLE WORM EATING MY BLASTO

1stPhantom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was not feeling good and since I stayed in bed I noticed something coming out of my blasto merri I looked closely and was confused as it look like a worm was coming out the middle of the colony I freaked out and took it out I didn’t know what it was so the blasto been dying for a while and I been trying to treat it so it can do better including peroxide dip and regular searchem dip didn’t kill them mind you I was giving it a dip once a month for the last 3 to see if I can save it so I decided that I didn’t want it no more and couldn’t heal it and decided to crack it open when I did I seen about 5 worms in there I can only think it was these killing it because everything else in the tank is thriving so I looked up and found out these are bristle worms please help I dnt know if there all in my tank this is the 1st time seeing them in there and the blasto was one of the 1st in there if it was the worms eating my blasto should I be worried

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worms are not a concern in most cases, they just eat decaying matter and detritus. Is it possible the coral had already been dying? Many people, including me have bristle worms in our reef tanks with no problems. Also, are you sure they were bristle worms? Is it possible you can post a picture?

OP
OP
1stPhantom

1stPhantom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was dying in some parts and was recovering in some parts that why I decided to keep it at 1st until I saw them

Attachments

• IMG_9597.jpeg
    IMG_9597.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9596.jpeg
    IMG_9596.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 28

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was dying in some parts and was recovering in some parts that why I decided to keep it at 1st until I saw them
Yes, you are right. Theses are indeed bristle worms. Like I said before, they will not eat a healthy coral. You said your coral was dying, so that's what they were eating.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back