Please help dipped my coral in cold water.

Chinook on a hook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a huge mistake I was dipping AI was dipping a pipe Organ coral After floating in my tank I didn't realize that the bucket with Salt water had been sitting out in the air conditioning and I and I put the coral in and ran to the store When I got home I grabbed the coral And put it in the tank do you think it will be OK?

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine. I never acclimate corals at all. My local coral farmer sends them in little cups of water (about 4 oz INCLUDING the frags) They go directly from the containers to the dip (made from tank water and ReVive) and into the tank. Never lost one yet...

Edit: The first time I got corals, I temp acclimated them as I would do with any fish. Then proceeded to dip them with fresh made dip. Each coral piece went into its own individual coffee mug. After the 15 minute dip, the water had dropped to a chilling 67*

Every one of those 7 pieces are still alive and thriving in my tanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chinook on a hook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine. I never acclimate corals at all. My local coral farmer sends them in little cups of water (about 4 oz INCLUDING the frags) They go directly from the containers to the dip (made from tank water and ReVive) and into the tank. Never lost one yet...

Edit: The first time I got corals, I temp acclimated them as I would do with any fish. Then proceeded to dip them with fresh made dip. Each coral piece went into its own individual coffee mug. After the 15 minute dip, the water had dropped to a chilling 67*

Every one of those 7 pieces are still alive and thriving in my tanks.
Thanks, I was worried because it hasn't opened and most of my corals open up at least 1/2 by the end of the first day

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I was worried because it hasn't opened and most of my corals open up at least 1/2 by the end of the first day

Not opening the first day is not a sign of an issue IME. My experience is limited so I will reflect ONLY what I have seen in my own tanks. Many of the pieces I have gotten open up only when placed in the exact right place. (right flow, right light ect...)

I had a torch in one of my tanks that the clownfish decided was suitable for them. They continually pestered that poor frag to the point it couldn't open at all. I moved it to a different tank and it is thriving there.

This has nothing to do with your question about temps, but is only intended to reflect that a non opening coral could have many variables, beyond temp, which trigger this response.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back