Please Help I think its Aiptasia !!!!!!!

oscaaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guess can i please get some help on trying to eradicate this. So i recently noticed some 5 small little Aiptasia coming from my scully skelton i believe. The coral is currently in QT/Holding Tank. Can i please get some help to get this gone . Have not noticed it in any other corals i just want to make sure i fix it now rather then later. Thank you.. I will have some pictures hopefully it helps
IMG_1662.jpeg

IMG_1662.jpeg IMG_1663.jpeg IMG_1664.jpeg

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely looks like baby Aptasia. Since you are quarantining your corals, I assume you know how to take care of Aptasia? If not look it up in the search bar and you'll find dozens of way to help you with your problem. In the meantime try and isolate this coral from anything the aptasia may spread to.

OP
OP
O

oscaaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats gsp of clove polyps duh
Definitely looks like baby Aptasia. Since you are quarantining your corals, I assume you know how to take care of Aptasia? If not look it up in the search bar and you'll find dozens of way to help you with your problem. In the meantime try and isolate this coral from anything the aptasia may spread to.
+1 on clove polyps
How can i be for sure what it is? Sorry new to reefing just want to make sure it dont give me a headache in a future

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like xenia than aiptasia

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just take a toothbrush to them there either cloves or baby gsp the tentacles are uniform if you've ever seen small aptasia it looks very different very brown with sharp looking tentacles you don't want to keep these on the scolly because they can limit its growth and shape I have a cynarina that has polyps growing on it and its become very misshapen instead of round like you want nice coral by the way!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like pipe organ or snowflake cloves but the location suggests could be xenia also

xenia :

1617235651479.png

OP
OP
O

oscaaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't recall aiptasia having tentacles in clusters of 8 but I could be mistaken.
Looks like cloves too me.
Aleveropora...or something.
Lol
D
Looks more like xenia than aiptasia
Just take a toothbrush to them there either cloves or baby gsp the tentacles are uniform if you've ever seen small aptasia it looks very different very brown with sharp looking tentacles you don't want to keep these on the scolly because they can limit its growth and shape I have a cynarina that has polyps growing on it and its become very misshapen instead of round like you want nice coral by the way!
Looks like pipe organ or snowflake cloves but the location suggests could be xenia also

xenia :

1617235651479.png
Thank you guys so much for your help. So i guess ill scrub the coral down with a tooth brush tommorrow after work and see what happens. I just want to make sure it doesnt hurt the corals in anyway

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up to you really. I think its just an additional coral. A freebie. Id leave it. If it grows out of control and takes over that coral yes remove and scrub with toothbrush.
D

OP
OP
O

oscaaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up to you really. I think its just an additional coral. A freebie. Id leave it. If it grows out of control and takes over that coral yes remove and scrub with toothbrush.
D
So let it grow a bit if gets out of control take it out and put it on a frag ? Something like that?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back