please help id these!

mermaids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these growing for a while they came off of a peice of live rock and i have checked all the databases and cant find anything close. They are about the size of any of the hornets. they look like there is a butterfly in the middle of them.

DSC_0040-1.jpg

Thank you

OP
OP
mermaids

mermaids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was only one when saw it on the rock so i broke that peice off of the rock and put it on my frag rack. I started with one about 4 months ago and now i have 3 and it looks like there is a baby also. So they really slow growers but non of them have the same pattern. One looks like it has a butterfly one looks like it is a star with lines gowing from the shape in the middle to the skirt on the outside. and the other i cant tell what shape its taking yet.

I guess i should ask turbo21(my husband how to contact planetzoa) i am not reall good at all this stuff. i asked him to find out what these are a while ago but he stinks at taking pictures lol and i was trying to keep busy so i sat here and took hundreds of picture and this was the best one of these i could get but when i posted it they got blurry. oh well i guess im no good at taking pictures either!

OP
OP
mermaids

mermaids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Akarius thank you for your help! I thought the same thing for a while but when i compared them the centers are really different. I guess i should try to get another picture but i dont have a macro lense. Turbo21(my husband) keeps bugging me to get one. thank you once again :)

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a little bit better pic of these. They are larger polyps like the size of any of the hornets. the center color is off a little. it is more peachy then yellow green in person

what do you think

DSC_0113-1.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back