Please help me decide!

  • Thread starter Thread starter AUSXMD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Octopus or Deltec skimmer for 230 gallon tank

  • Octopus

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Deltec

    Votes: 1 50.0%

  • Total voters
    2

AUSXMD

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
266
Reaction score
123
Location
Raleigh, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I have a Waterbox Infinia 230.6 and had a Reef Octopus elite 200-int that I dropped and broke (1200 dollar mistake 😡). Ive always had Octopus skimmers. Never really any issues. This particular one was a bit hard to dial in at times, and I hated the long tube you had to twist to get the mixture right. Also the collection cup locked in and over time became difficult to remove without turning it very hard thus spilling skimmate back into the sump. Again, these were occasional occurances. Im looking at replacing with what I had or going with a Deltec. Ive heard for years that Deltec is the Roll Royce of skimmers, and Im willing to get one. Any other brand suggestions are great. Again, it needs to be rated for higher than 230g and my tank is a FOWLR moderately stocked. Thank you!
Scott
 
Thanks! I've overlooked that one. Looks like a nice price too.
I have a similar external i picked up used many years ago. I have replaced the bubble blaster pump once and it still skims amazingly well. The outflow has a handled valve that makes dialing in the flow simpler then those adjustment tube arms that you mentioned.
 
I have a similar external i picked up used many years ago. I have replaced the bubble blaster pump once and it still skims amazingly well. The outflow has a handled valve that makes dialing in the flow simpler then those adjustment tube arms that you mentioned.
Thank you! I purchased the skimmer he recommended.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new