Please Help Me ID This SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter CastAway
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2013
Messages
4,457
Reaction score
3,108
Location
Knoxville TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the mother colony in my LFS for almost a year before I even had a tank. I bought a frag of it March 11th. It's growing nicely I think. I love it.

Anyone know what it is?

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1435336859.146081.jpg
 
Last edited:
Here's the mother colony, if it will help. (Crappy pic)
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1435337212.297596.jpg
 
It's a stunning piece, and frankly I am little jealous. Almost looks like a Tortuosa, but I am just guessing.
 
I agree @NicksMixedReef - Frogskin.

The mother colony is under Kessils, and the tank always seems to be an un-natural blue. (I chalk this up to retail tactic) Thus, I personally think this is why it's so green, and mine is not. My frag is relatively high in my tank, and receives a lot of 18k white. I suspect this draws out the blue, like a sunscreen, and perhaps increases the nodule growth as well. Excited to finally put a name to it. Thanks!

(I can't imagine you're jealous over much in this hobby @Tahoe61. LOL)
 
It resembles a miyagi tort (yeah I know it's not one), but it could be a acropora gomezi.

Being jealous and coveting other hobbyist corals is 80% of the addiction, ones wallet can never keep up, or the tank is too small. It's not fair I tell ya. :p
 
I agree @NicksMixedReef - Frogskin.

The mother colony is under Kessils, and the tank always seems to be an un-natural blue. (I chalk this up to retail tactic) Thus, I personally think this is why it's so green, and mine is not. My frag is relatively high in my tank, and receives a lot of 18k white. I suspect this draws out the blue, like a sunscreen, and perhaps increases the nodule growth as well. Excited to finally put a name to it. Thanks!

(I can't imagine you're jealous over much in this hobby @Tahoe61. LOL)
No problem, mine has blue tips as well because of it being high in the tank. But I don't run a lot of whites so it stays green ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new