Please help me with these waterline stains!

WhiteTailFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I'm wondering if some has a tip to help me get these awful stains that I have around the rim of my Red Sea Reefer that I bought used few months back. I originally used white vinegar water mix and a blade to clean the inside of the tank and I was able to get most of the algea stains off with the blade but I haven't gotten anywhere with these stains near the waterline.
The camera flash make it look worse than it is IRL but it's still definitly noticeable if you look at the tank for long enough under normal light.
Thanks in advance!

20200108_205327.jpg

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd spray it right on it if you can lay that side down and let is soak. Use a clean new razor to get it off. then clean it with soap and water let it dry completely. You could always do a vinigar wipe after. But soap and water is fine.

OP
OP
WhiteTailFish

WhiteTailFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd spray it right on it if you can lay that side down and let is soak. Use a clean new razor to get it off. then clean it with soap and water let it dry completely. You could always do a vinigar wipe after. But soap and water is fine.
Ok I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks!

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bar Keepers Friend. Make a thin paste and let it sit for 15 minutes are so. Turning its side prevents the past from sliding from target area. Wipe off. Then a clean straight razor blade and a glass polish disc on a grinder or power drill. I had an old Oceanic 110g that had years of water deposits. I worked on it in sections and it took A LOT of elbow grease. In the end, the tank glass came out like new!

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • D/C

Votes: 67 65.0%
  • Both

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 14 13.6%
Back