Please Help Me

tsimaskillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left for four days and had family take care of the tank and I think Something happen. My Amonia was high before I left and did a 40 percent change and added some Smart start complete and did that every other day since(so about three treatments) Also fed the roids to the corals too. What is the problem? any advice please, there is a before and after.

before.jpg
After.jpg

OP
OP
T

tsimaskillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
checking tomorrow because I dont have the kit, I used it last before I left.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How ever much it takes to keep ammonia at 0.

bryanfuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
water changes every? how much? 10 gallon tank so about 3 gallons every two days?

That sounds like a good start. Test for ammonia nitrite and nitrate. You should expect your nitrites to go up as your ammonia goes down. That’s a good sign and shows that your beneficial bacteria is growing. Then you should see your nitrite drop and your nitrate rise in the same way. Once your nitrite reaches 0, your cycle is complete.

Until your cycle is complete, don’t feed your coral and feed your clown fish very little once a day/once every other day.

Hopefully your coral make it through this, but you may experience some deaths. Once your cycle is complete, then you can start slowly adding coral again and feeding the coral again.

OP
OP
T

tsimaskillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a good start. Test for ammonia nitrite and nitrate. You should expect your nitrites to go up as your ammonia goes down. That’s a good sign and shows that your beneficial bacteria is growing. Then you should see your nitrite drop and your nitrate rise in the same way. Once your nitrite reaches 0, your cycle is complete.

Until your cycle is complete, don’t feed your coral and feed your clown fish very little once a day/once every other day.

Hopefully your coral make it through this, but you may experience some deaths. Once your cycle is complete, then you can start slowly adding coral again and feeding the coral again.
Thank you so much for the help. I think I want to go away from corals and the beauty of them. So I am trying to find a local place to take them and adopt.

bryanfuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the help. I think I want to go away from corals and the beauty of them. So I am trying to find a local place to take them and adopt.

You can definitely add coral later and there’s so easy ones for beginners :). But everything in this hobby should be done slowly and you’ll have much more success that way.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 60 35.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back