Please help- quick question about birdnest

  • Thread starter Thread starter reeefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2016
Messages
53
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, just got a new birdnest coral today and it has the skeleton exposed and some type of algea growing on the bottom part should I cut this off and frag it?
1476841390534.jpg
1476841394522.jpg
1476841397837.jpg
 
only if it spreads. or you want to pretty it up and make 3 frags.
I just looks like the bottom of a colony to me.
 
Great thanks! This is my first sps so I wasn't sure if that was normal
 
Looks a lot like Pocillopora to me, regardless I would frag off the dead portion that is growing blue/green algae.
 
Ok I'm not too concerned aesthetically, I just don't want to loose the whole colony because of this. I'll keep an eye on it for now, if it spreads I'll frag it up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new