Please help with my ricordeas!! guts hanging out

  • Thread starter Thread starter yanni
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

yanni

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2021
Messages
644
Reaction score
358
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I’ve had these ricordea for a while, all are aquacultured and many generations removed from the wild. They’ve been doing well, but recently I’ve noticed what I assume are the mesentrial filaments poking out of their foot?? Two of my rics detached recently (too high flow), and I could see their filaments poking out the bottom of their foot, but these are coming out the side, and have been happy in the tank for a few months now

Parameters are stable, no3: 10, po4: 0.06

I’ve attached some photos n a vid of them with the filaments exposed, then a group photo of them when they were new, and I couldn’t see any filaments out

IMG_3887.jpeg IMG_3888.jpeg IMG_3894.jpeg IMG_2242.jpeg
 
Is this normal? The guy that aquaculture’s them said it’s normal, part of their “walking” process, but I’ve never seen this before when they’ve moved prior? If it’s not, what the heck do I do

The third pic, that extended ring off the foot is kinda wiggling around in the flow. They all open up beautifully during the day, but I can notice this when the flow changes:(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new