Please ID Acro

Gone Reefin’

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2025
Messages
393
Reaction score
552
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this a while back from a store that is not big on names. It's coloration has changed quite a bit, just wondering what it is (scientific and/or trade name) if there is one:

Frag: Pic does not do it justice, it is a deep red with green polyps, but also green coralites (if that is the proper term). When the polyps retract the green is still there:

1769883953493.png


Mama:
1769884030746.png
 
Bump, for an i don't know this one from these pictures.

It's pretty!

Jessica Chastain Singing GIF by Searchlight Pictures

If it doesn't have a name, I think you should call it; "Jesus loves me! "
@Battlecorals ? Has that name been taken yet?
 
Last call bump. Otherwise I name it and it becomes a GR (Gone Reefin’) original. 😀 at least looking for a scientific id
 
it is so blurry... you need clearer pics to help id and also try multiple pics with different lighting.
 
it is so blurry... you need clearer pics to help id and also try multiple pics with different lighting.
As requested...see below. I am a terrible photographer, so this is likely the best I can do:

It encrusts green, but branches are red with green at every polyp base. The green stays when I baste the polyps.

1770663965609.png


1770664010843.png

1770664122619.png
 
As requested...see below. I am a terrible photographer, so this is likely the best I can do:
dw i am too. try to change the light to a more white setting. im thinking this is tulip syndrome which makes it even harder to id
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new