Please ID the SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hausser
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hausser

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2015
Messages
512
Reaction score
255
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Can someone tell me the name of this SPS, for some reason I cannot remember the name. The first picture is when I added to my tank and second picture is 1 month later.
 
Branching Hydnophora/sometimes called Antler.

One of my favorites and pretty hardy.
 
It can be very aggressive, I would not put any high end corals within at least 3 inches.
 
I had a gorgonian lean against it and killed a portion of the gorgonian.
 
Yeah I have had them kill a number of corals. I prefer the Branch/Horn variety, they are not as aggressive as the plate type. Keep alk within normal range, and you can feed small polyp foods like Roids, they love it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new