Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrioticAquaholic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first off I apologize in advance if this is offensive please let me know and I will take this down as soon as I am notified.but here's my story I've had my tank for about a year and a half and have seen beautiful growth from ZOA's and acans had a nice big lta and two wonderful Clarkis. Recently I used Fluval sea marine epoxy to stick some frags two rocks it nuked my entire tank killing all my fish overnight and melting a good amount of my coral luckily I was able to get most out into my hospital tank but now I have trained my old tank cleaned it upgraded the lights upgraded my sump tank incorporated a refugium for a mandarin utopia... thing is with all my upgrades my money for coral and fish won't be coming in for another couple of months. it's already been cycling for about 1 but I have some friends on Instagram who talked me into creating a go fund me account I have already collected eighty dollars in donations and would like to share the link here but I do not want to offend anybody I know this is not a worthy charity spanging for change. But if I could reach out to those generous people who are willing to donate a dollar or two to help Amy restock what was once a beautiful reef tank I would greatly appreciate the opportunity. I will post the link in a comment below please let me know if you would like me to take this downI will completely understand

OP
OP
P

PatrioticAquaholic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plus I am also in the midst of contacting Fluval sea to see if they're willing to help me out as well.

Windy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know it was the epoxy? Seems mighty suspicious.

Justin1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mean to offend you but that's kind of the risk in the hobby. I'm 17 years old put all my savings into a 60 gallon tank about a year ago, poorly built stand caused it to leak, lost a good amount of livestock and managed to get a replacement tank from warranty, would much rather have my old fish / corals though. I now have 2 jobs and saved to build a custom sump and get radions sometimes you just have to take the hit, or don't invest the money in it to devastate you when you take the hit. Feels better when you save for what's needed anyways that sense of accomplishment when you get that pricey piece of equipment.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am sorry for your tank loss and issues but I hope you understand that I must close this thread. While I have no reason to believe you are not telling the truth there is no way we can allow threads like this because of the sheer volume of people who might want to create similar threads. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back