Please slap me if I am crazy! Apex Complaint

Johra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still cannot for the life of me figure out why Neptune has super old school DOS type configurations in regards to Off / On Functions. Take for instance a simple fan control.. when someone would want a fan to turn on when the temperature raises, you need to enter all of these coding functions. I mean a simple power supply from Amazon that's WIFI has better schedules and On / Off functions. This thing is driving me crazy.. Lol.. Not to mention the float switches, I don't even use the ones I have because the set up to use them is horrible.

Falcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree, though once you get the hang of it, it isn't so bad.

There are quite a few good tutorials out there on different functions.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For most of the basic functions their wizards work well. For functionality outside of that they allow you to program. It’s a sliding scale; the more complex you want to make something, the more programming is required. I find this beneficial, and not all controllers allow for it. My WaveEngine is great but it doesn’t allow for me to program it outside of how the designers planned. The complexity of the apex programming allows for more creativity.

OP
OP
J

Johra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found them today, but even looking at them I am like what in the FORK? I am not trying to come off as an idiot, I just understand at the price Neptune is asking for stuff and how much I paid I should not have to learn how to DOS program this. I feel like I am playing The Cavern of the Evil Wizard, if you don't know what that is then I am old and you should google it. Same programing from the 90's... Apologies just frustrated as my system went 2 Degrees up yesterday and I figured I should have gotten a notification.. nope it appears I have to do this to.. I set the temp, one would think if it's higher or lower the system would tell me. Apparently I have to hold it's hand....

OP
OP
J

Johra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For most of the basic functions their wizards work well. For functionality outside of that they allow you to program. It’s a sliding scale; the more complex you want to make something, the more programming is required. I find this beneficial, and not all controllers allow for it. My WaveEngine is great but it doesn’t allow for me to program it outside of how the designers planned. The complexity of the apex programming allows for more creativity.
I see your point and it's very valid. For those who have busy lives I just want to know when things are wrong. I have zero intentions on over thinking this system, that's why I purchased it. For the ease and hands free comfort of knowing what's going on by looking at my phone. Thank you for your input, very valid for those interested in greater control.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still cannot for the life of me figure out why Neptune has super old school DOS type configurations in regards to Off / On Functions. Take for instance a simple fan control.. when someone would want a fan to turn on when the temperature raises, you need to enter all of these coding functions. I mean a simple power supply from Amazon that's WIFI has better schedules and On / Off functions. This thing is driving me crazy.. Lol.. Not to mention the float switches, I don't even use the ones I have because the set up to use them is horrible.
Have you seen the Apex Control Types? In your example of turning on a fan based on temperature, simply set the Control Type to “Chiller” and fill in the blanks:
1648146524233.png

See my tutorial on Apex Control Types to see all the options available to you without any need to enter programming code:

More advanced automation beyond what the Control Types provide can require coding, so I wrote a whole series of Apex tutorials to help people get up to speed on a variety of topics:

OP
OP
J

Johra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um, mind blown.. Going to look at this now.. Thank you! Appreciate you.. especially for taking the time to write this!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got away from any of the default programming, its mostly garbage except for a few configurations (hello apex ecosystem). When you get the custom programming down, its way easier. Suncrest is the guy to go to for all of it. When I started with Apex, I had to print the comprehensive manual and read it, lol.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back