PLS HELP! Coral Beauty need saved!

kujothehuman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i am extremely new to this hobby and cycled my tank for about 2 months before adding my first fish which was last thursday, June 15th, 2023. the store i buy my fish from qt for a week. after adding the fish he swam to a spot in the rocks that was completely secluded and i thought that to be normal since he could be stressed from moving. i was told not to feed on the day i got him because it probably wouldnt eat due to stress. on day 2, which would be saturday the 17th, the fish would swim out just barely enough to get a glimpse of everything around him. at this point i still havent seen him eat anything. sunday morning i come in to see that he is out and about but swimming erratically. upside down, sideways, you name it. it seems like he has no energy to do anything. leading into sunday afternoon, which is when im writing this, the fish is laying completely flat on the sand bed breathing extremely fast. my shrimp has come to clean him 2 or 3 times now and when the shrimp gets to close to the face the fish twitches and then goes back to laying down. Im so new to this hobby i dont know what i could do to save him even if it were possible. its a Sunday so anyone with the information to help me immediately, are closed. i guess the main reason im writing this post now is to see what i did wrong? i test my water VERY frequently ( about 3 to 4 times a week) because i want to make sure everything is okay. I tested the water today and my results were as followed
pH-8.0
NH3/NH4+-0ppm
NO2-0ppm
Nitrate- between 20-40ppm

trainbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your coral beauty is sick and this should be posted in the disease forum and ask for help there

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back