Pls help identify this thanks ✌

Coralnoob2020

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pls help identify this coral. Thank y’all

IMG_3761.jpeg
 
A few more examples of it.✌
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3766.jpeg
    IMG_3766.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3767.jpeg
    IMG_3767.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3765.jpeg
    IMG_3765.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 77
It's a solid mass with no separate polyps so not your run of the mill paly. Don't recall ever seeing that but after googling palythoa tuberculosa someone mentioned I think that's most likely. Mostly brown but there are some green ones I saw pictures of.
 
It's an encrusting Palythoa similar to Palythoa caesia or Palythoa caribaeorum. Where did you purchase it from?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new