Plug adaptor that stays tripped

harry98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’ve got a tailspot blenny who sometimes swims into the power head when it turn off all pumps for feeding, I’ve never had a power cut here (touch wood) so not really looking to invest in an expensive battery back up.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a device/plug adaptor that when power goes dead will prevent the wave maker from turning back on when power is restored?

Whenever I’m away I have someone stop in and take a look at the tank so they would be able to reset this.

Cheers in advance!

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's asking if there's a surge protector or other device that does not turn back on if it loses power. If his tank loses power and his blenny decides to chill in the power head and then power is restored, he doesn't want a chopped up blenny. I personally do not know how to do this, but there are so many knowlegble people on here that I am sure someone will chime in soon and give you a solution. It would be helpful to know which powerhead you are using and if you use a tank controller. Maybe there's programming for a controller that can do this (if you use one) or maybe the power head you use can be programmed for a super soft start which would give the blenny time to get out of there.

OP
OP
H

harry98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's asking if there's a surge protector or other device that does not turn back on if it loses power. If his tank loses power and his blenny decides to chill in the power head and then power is restored, he doesn't want a chopped up blenny. I personally do not know how to do this, but there are so many knowlegble people on here that I am sure someone will chime in soon and give you a solution. It would be helpful to know which powerhead you are using and if you use a tank controller. Maybe there's programming for a controller that can do this (if you use one) or maybe the power head you use can be programmed for a super soft start which would give the blenny time to get out of there.
Thanks for clarifying, I’ll keep my eye out but for now I may just try and 3d print a front cover with smaller spacing for when I’m away

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe overkill and probably don't need the GFCI but..
"An automatic reset turns on upon being plugged in or after a power interruption. A manual reset requires the user to press the reset button after initial plug-in or after a power failure."

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are power strips out there that do not turn back on after power outage. Typically seen as a fault in the item, you could use it as an advantage.

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can find lots of automatic ones...

Home Depot has the triple manual reset..

OP
OP
H

harry98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe overkill and probably don't need the GFCI but..
"An automatic reset turns on upon being plugged in or after a power interruption. A manual reset requires the user to press the reset button after initial plug-in or after a power failure."
Ahh ideal, I’ll see if any of my local hardware stores have something similar, thank you! I didn’t really know the exact terminology of what to ask for but will have a browse now

Boreas_SA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of Wifi switches also has the functionality to set the state it should come on in after power lost (on/off/last state), can always plug your wavemaker into one of them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back