Plumbing a 125G with corner overflows

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdness
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
3,986
Reaction score
153
Location
West Fargo, ND
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone provide tips on plumbing a 125G with corner overflows? I am looking for pics or details as to how you ran the plumbing and what you would have done differently.

Any tank with corner overflows would work. I am just used to all the plumbing being out the back of the tank from custom built overflows. The sump will be a flow through design with the skimmer section on one end, a fuge in the middle, and the return on the other end.

I am leaning toward using some spa-flex to make things a little less rigid and reduce vibrations a bit.
 
I don't have any pictures of my 125 with the corner overflows but what I would different is what you suggested in using Spa Flex. It would really help with the noise. I have each corner drain in a separate part of my sump and the return plumbed together. Sorry I can't be of more help....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new