Plumbing help

SapperReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2023
Messages
29
Reaction score
11
Location
Savannah
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
So I bought a tank off a buddie and it came with a duo corner over flow. It came with all the plumbing but he had it up for years should I still use it ?? If not it’s okay I wanted to change the color of the plumbing anyway and see if y’all can suggest best way to make it quiet!!
I never plumbed a tank before I always had AIO and I done some research but seems like there’s a lot of ways to plumb a tank but I see a lot of people use 1” for over flows and 3/4” for returns is this corrects ? So I will need both bulkheads and 90s and gate vale’s in those sizes ??
If y’all need more info lmk sorry kinda of a newbie to this
 
I always use an overflow that’s twice as large as the return, i’ve built a lot of tanks and found out the hard way of having too great of return and not enough drain.
 
I always use an overflow that’s twice as large as the return, i’ve built a lot of tanks and found out the hard way of having too great of return and not enough drain.
So go 11/2 drains and 3/4 returns ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new