Plumbing overflow box for 25 gallon cube

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shawn4455
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shawn4455

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
59
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Im close to getting all my materials together to plumb an overflow box, What type of plumbing should I get? This is my first time doing something like this. so my idea is to go with a small internal overflow box and maybe try to do a herbie overflow? Would I have enough room and to make it quiet? Any other ideas regarding this? Its all going to go into a sump and back into the tank.

I am thinking on 1 inch drain into a 3/4 return.
 
Based on your comments it sounds like you are planning to drill the tank - is that correct? Because you are dealing with a small tank IMO I would lean toward an external overflow (like a Eshopps) so you don't use up any more of the limited tank space. I agree that a Herbie drain setup would be nice to have so that you have some redundancy.
 
Welp, I ended up buying the eclipse M for my tank so I guess it's external, thanks!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new