Plumbing pipe size calculation

One of the absolute best investments I have made in this hobby is a couple of Kill A Watt meters. Being able to monitor power consumption has really made my pump and lighting choices much easier. More efficient pumps, getting rid of the closed loop, ditching the chiller for properly placed fans and most of all, LED lighting with no fans versus MH and VHO saved me $60-$75 a month year round on power bills.

probably a wise investment.
 
One of the absolute best investments I have made in this hobby is a couple of Kill A Watt meters. Being able to monitor power consumption has really made my pump and lighting choices much easier. More efficient pumps, getting rid of the closed loop, ditching the chiller for properly placed fans and most of all, LED lighting with no fans versus MH and VHO saved me $60-$75 a month year round on power bills.

I have been paying attention to your posts related to the things you have learned regarding managing heat. You are hot and dry where we are hot and humid. I like you do not want to be running the chiller. I have installed it because it is not something I could have easily added afterwards and from a fail safe perspective, it will help me sleep better knowing I am protected. BUT, I hope the heat management approach I have taken will pan out such that the chiller will not kick on (at leas not often).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new