Plumbing Question: Threaded shower pipe to garden hose thread?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rrrrob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rrrrob

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought this would be easy, but it hasn't been.

I have a RO system connected to a faucet sink via a faucet-to-garden hose thread.

However, I want to move it to a spare bathroom shower. I found an adapter online that converts a threaded shower pipe into a garden hose thread, but the connector on my RO system (female garden hose thread) doesn't screw all the way down on the adapter and therefore doesn't contact or compress the washer, creating a massive leak.

Has anyone found a workable adapter to convert a shower head thread (male) to a garden hose thread (male)?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new