plumbing tips anyone?

Ed olson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to start plumbing the 90g. I haven't decided on a pump yet but just wanted to see if there were any "must-do"s, pointers, tips, or tricks out there.
I'm using 1" bulkheads for the drain and return, but will probably reduce the return to 3/4" or 1/2" before all is said and done. Will be draining into an old Eshopps100 with 3 chambers. I was hoping to add in a fuge somewhere but the skimmer takes up the whole middle chamber.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check valves and Unions are your friends. And I prefer the clear primer.... looks cleaner than the purple stuff.

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check valves and Unions are your friends. And I prefer the clear primer.... looks cleaner than the purple stuff.
I second this. Definitely check valves on your return with a union & gate valve to throttle flow. Would also reduce the return to 3/4”. Same with the drain but you can skip the check valve if the drain pipe in overflow box opens at the same level of the slots on top of the overflow box, if that makes sense. Also recommend a dorso to reduce any gurgling or slurping sound from the drain.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back