Plz help me coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter tri989
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tri989

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2018
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can u tell me this ID coral? And some experience to take care this coral. Thanks for reading
IMG_20181204_120817_924.jpeg
 
Some kind of Acropora...Globiceps perhaps! They are very demanding and not really suitable nor recommended to beginners or aquarists without much experience it’s SPS corals.
 
I have never heard of this coral before. Thanks for sharing.
That coral looks huge
 
Got any more pics? I'm not really convinced thats an acro. I've seen some super fuzzy Tenuis, but I don't really see any branch tips or axial corallites on that piece.
 
Can we see the underside or side of the coral? There is no point of reference it's all just polyps haha.
 
Some kind of Acropora...Globiceps perhaps! They are very demanding and not really suitable nor recommended to beginners or aquarists without much experience it’s SPS corals.

I looked up globiceps and that coral up there looks like it.
 
Only thing wrong with A. Globiceps is they do not have polyps like that piece. I agree, a photo from the under side or with polyps retracted would help ID.
 
Cant tell, need a better pic as said. White light only or use a brown or orange filter, get the polyps to retract and take a pic with them open and retracted.
 
Duncan
 
I add new picture of my sps coral
IMG_20181207_115453.jpeg
IMG_20181207_115444.jpeg
 
That's better, definitely some sort of tabling acro, hyanthicus like. I am no good with I'd on these type of acros.
 
Much better pics. I'm just gonna go ahead and say A. Sarmentosa. Could be wrong but looks like it to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new