Plz say me coral name

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saieditc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Saieditc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2017
Messages
197
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plz say me coral name

Screenshot_20210510-082126.png Screenshot_20210510-082102.png
 
OP could you take a clearer photo if possible? I would say Stylocoeniella but would need a closer look at the corallites to be certain. I don’t think its leptoseris since the corallite ridges based on the pictures alone doesn’t resemble leptoseris.
 
OP could you take a clearer photo if possible? I would say Stylocoeniella but would need a closer look at the corallites to be certain. I don’t think its leptoseris since the corallite ridges based on the pictures alone doesn’t resemble leptoseris.
I almost thought that but stylos seem to have larger polyps/mouths but a closer picture would be extremely helpful to 100% identify;)
 
I almost thought that but stylos seem to have larger polyps/mouths but a closer picture would be extremely helpful to 100% identify;)
My exact thoughts too. The polyps and corallites look a bit small but I guess its prob because he lifted it out of the water.

The colouration really reminds me of burning banana stylocoeniella. Greenish-yellow with red/orange polyps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new