PMUP...it should be PARC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel that PARC is a name much more suited to the point of sale PMUP. I've been through three in less than a year. They are only used for ten gallon water changes every 10 or so days (I'm not good at doing weekly changes:). Note that they were not used for mixing salt water...just to transfer pre-mixed salt water to the sump. I'm not even going to attempt to go through Neptune's customer service again to replace this boat anchor. Picked up a Sicce and will use that to transfer the water. I've no idea why Neptune doesn't come out with V3...perhaps one that works longer than a few months. Off of my soap box for now. lol

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel that PARC is a name much more suited to the point of sale PMUP. I've been through three in less than a year. ... Picked up a Sicce and will use that to transfer the water. ...

Sorry to hear that. I have had no experience with them.

However, I have a Sicce Ultra Zero and am happy. I hope your new experience is better. I had heard that the Sicce warranty is extended to a longer period if one registers the unit. You might want to make sure you get it registered. Save the proof of purchase and keep your fingers crossed. Additionally, I just purchased parts for 2 other Sicce pumps, and even with COVID, they came through without a hitch.

Have a great Holidays and best wishes for 2022,
Jim

PS: What does "PARC" mean?

OP
OP
SPS2020

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear that. I have had no experience with them.

However, I have a Sicce Ultra Zero and am happy. I hope your new experience is better. I had heard that the Sicce warranty is extended to a longer period if one registers the unit. You might want to make sure you get it registered. Save the proof of purchase and keep your fingers crossed. Additionally, I just purchased parts for 2 other Sicce pumps, and even with COVID, they came through without a hitch.

Have a great Holidays and best wishes for 2022,
Jim

PS: What does "PARC" mean?

The Ultra Zero is awesome! I've used it a few times to transfer larger amounts of water without a hitch. I love that it has the garden hose outlet and a Python will hook right up.

I picked up a little Sicce MicraPlus which should serve nicely to move 10 gallons of water from the reservoir to the sump. The tank is only 100 gallons.

PMUP is an anagram for PUMP (spelled backwards).

PARC is the same...CRAP! LOL

Happy Holidays to you as well and a great 2022 for all!

Cheers!

Jeff

kenjung

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel that PARC is a name much more suited to the point of sale PMUP. I've been through three in less than a year. They are only used for ten gallon water changes every 10 or so days (I'm not good at doing weekly changes:). Note that they were not used for mixing salt water...just to transfer pre-mixed salt water to the sump. I'm not even going to attempt to go through Neptune's customer service again to replace this boat anchor. Picked up a Sicce and will use that to transfer the water. I've no idea why Neptune doesn't come out with V3...perhaps one that works longer than a few months. Off of my soap box for now. lol
How did it failed, motor got hot and seized up ?, my V1 did that when it ran dry my fault. The V2 has a run dry feature that help out but to do it differently now it is on a timer. I though their V2 was good. The V2 potentially failed on me once, I discover the run dry sensor was preventing pump from spinning, I dry it up and clean it. It would work again.

OP
OP
SPS2020

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How did it failed, motor got hot and seized up ?, my V1 did that when it ran dry my fault. The V2 has a run dry feature that help out but to do it differently now it is on a timer. I though their V2 was good. The V2 potentially failed on me once, I discover the run dry sensor was preventing pump from spinning, I dry it up and clean it. It would work again.

The impeller spins freely and was never run dry, never got hot...just stops working. Turn the switch on\off and there is no sound from the pump. I monitor the water changes and immediately turn off the PARC V2 when the water level drops. All three had the same issue. Impellers in each are like new. Heck, the pumps didn't run but maybe a dozen times total.

In contrast, my Sicce seems to be a fine replacement, although not 24v. However, that isn't why I purchased the PARC V2 initially. It was a Neptune product I thought would fit the bill...and they did for a very short period of time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back