PMUP2 not seen in fusion, doesn't pump water. Dead or, I don't know what I'm doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PMUP2 not seen in fusion, doesn't pump water. I have plugged it into the EB8 the Fmm module. no where will it been seen by fusion. Am I doing something wrong?
I will say the very first time I plugged it into EB8, the Apex lost all modules and I had to unplug all modules FMM PM1 and all 3 DOS units.
All Modules are back online but the PMUP still does not run.

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am certainly not an expert, but I own an Apex system, although I have not had a problem with the PMUP2. Recently I had one of my DOS fail and it was because the USB cable had become corroded. I switched to a link connection, which protects the connectors and the problem was fixed. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am certainly not an expert, but I own an Apex system, although I have not had a problem with the PMUP2. Recently I had one of my DOS fail and it was because the USB cable had become corroded. I switched to a link connection, which protects the connectors and the problem was fixed. Hope this helps.
PMUP is wired with a link plug from the factory, it does not use USB. Thanks for the advise and knowledge on the USB.

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it couldn't be that simple. I have been having problems with my EB832 so I found a thread with some really knowledgable members! I will message to you
I believe I found it, there is a switch labeled LinkA or LinkB that has to be brought down to the dashboard in order for the pump to be turned on.
My stupidity, I'll test it when I get home from work and update this thread.

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I found it, there is a switch labeled LinkA or LinkB that has to be brought down to the dashboard in order for the pump to be turned on.
My stupidity, I'll test it when I get home from work and update this thread.
That was it. Need linkB switched moved to dashboard then take off auto as its set to fallback off.
Excellent !!! Dummy Me !!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back