Pocilipora growth issue

Twinanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2019
Messages
66
Reaction score
196
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal for Pocilipora to bleach on the bottom as it grows?
IMG_20200107_134028.jpg
 
It's not a coral I would initially add, with that said yes that is normal presentation.
 
Thanks for that info. I know what coral I won't be buying!
 
7AF0B5A8-6946-4ADC-BDDD-2778E90B572B.jpeg

you mean right where I circled? That’s not normal bleaching!
J/k

If I were you, unless you want a tank full of pocillopora, I’d remove it now.
 
7AF0B5A8-6946-4ADC-BDDD-2778E90B572B.jpeg

you mean right where I circled? That’s not normal bleaching!
J/k

If I were you, unless you want a tank full of pocillopora, I’d remove it now.
I’ve got a nice green colony growing on one side of my tank, it’s been there for about 9 months now. I have noticed one small spot growing in another area. Did it propagate itself somehow, or did a piece just get broken off and moved by a crab?
AAF04E06-6A23-442B-ADC5-1B88AEF094BC.jpeg
 
I’ve got a nice green colony growing on one side of my tank, it’s been there for about 9 months now. I have noticed one small spot growing in another area. Did it propagate itself somehow, or did a piece just get broken off and moved by a crab?
AAF04E06-6A23-442B-ADC5-1B88AEF094BC.jpeg
could be, or polyp bailout.
 
7AF0B5A8-6946-4ADC-BDDD-2778E90B572B.jpeg

you mean right where I circled? That’s not normal bleaching!
J/k

If I were you, unless you want a tank full of pocillopora, I’d remove it now.
Oh das humanoid polyp bail out aka balding
I actually don't mind it spreading at all, frags can always be sold and i quite enjoy the fuzzyness of pocciloporas. Thabk ylu for the warnings though.
 
I’ve got a nice green colony growing on one side of my tank, it’s been there for about 9 months now. I have noticed one small spot growing in another area. Did it propagate itself somehow, or did a piece just get broken off and moved by a crab?
AAF04E06-6A23-442B-ADC5-1B88AEF094BC.jpeg
Probably "planned" coral bailout
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new